Read This Mindfully And See What Happens!
We love anything that makes the mind stop for a moment to reflect. Another way to say the same thing is that we love anything that helps us step away from being identified with the mind. It is in those momentary gaps that the “sunlight” of wisdom can shine through and bring us closer to our true selves. We recently found this article to be helpful on how to mindfully read quotes. Try reading the quotes following the guidelines indicated. If you’re like us, your mind will have to stop for a moment to catch up.
Enjoy and please remember to share!
How to Read Mindfully…
- Get centered — Take a moment to just notice your body here, noticing any tension and seeing if you can choose to let that tension go.
- Read the quote twice — Reading it twice allows it to settle in a bit more
- Allow the words to simmer — Close your eyes and see if you can let the words roll around and notice what arises for you physically, emotionally and mentally.
- Bring your mind back if it wanders — You may notice the mind going off into thoughts of what you need to be doing or judgments such as “how is this going to be helpful to me?”
- Come back to the breath – Thank yourself for taking this time-out of your daily busy-ness to engage with this mindful inquiry for your health and well-being.
“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom” ~ Victor Frankl
“Amidst the worldly comings and goings, observe how endings become beginnings.” ~ Tao Te Ching
“You cannot solve a problem with the same mind that created it.” ~ Albert Einstein
“You see everything is about belief, whatever we believe rules our existence, rules our life.” ~ Don Miguel Ruiz
“What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters to what lies within us.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
The full story is here…